Monday 21 February 2011

Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me - Video Review


Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me

After the million video teasers for the above video I was extremely excited to see the clip for 'Hold It Against Me'. It has a glossy finish and clever editing which make Britney look good. The costumes are brilliant and are very flattering on Britney and she looks on top form. However again we can't really tell if her dancing is back up to the way it was circa Britney 2002. I love the routine and I would have loved to have seen much more dancing. I will hold further judgement of the dancing until I see a TV performance. Overall a good start to the promo campaign.

1 comment:

  1. Michael from Holland2/21/2011 6:41 pm

    I would agree with what you wrote: heavy editing does affect the dancing quality, it did make me think that Britney wasn't in topform as her good old days. Nothing wrong with that, people change. I'd only disagree on the outfits. Something's is a bit 'off' 4 me. Especially the last corsetlike one used in the (final) dance sequence. Makes her look a bit plump (nothing wrong with sizes etc, just in case someone reads this the wrong way :D But somehow it didn't complement Britney in my opinion.
    All in all: the video IS a good glossy start for this next step in her career. Hope they (incl. record company & management) keep it up! ;)

    ReplyDelete